With its refined exterior styling, roomy contemporary interior, and advanced safety and tech features, the five-passenger, two-row 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe remains a standout among midsize crossovers. However, if you’re particularly interested in learning more about the interior, exterior, towing capacity, and cargo space of the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe, we at Huffines Hyundai Plano have this post for you to read.
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Trim Levels
Image via Flickr by Crown Star Images
The Hyundai Santa Fe is available in five main trims: SE, SEL, XRT, Limited, and Calligraphy. We’ve highlighted each trim of the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe, so you’ll know which trim is ideal for you and your family’s driving needs:
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe SE
The SE is the base trim of the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe. It has an 8-inch color touch-screen display with audio and a Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist system with Pedestrian Detection for drivers’ peace of mind.
- 18-inch alloy wheels.
- 191 horsepower and a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine.
- LED daytime running lights.
- LED headlights.
- Hyundai SmartSense safety system.
- 8-inch touch-screen multimedia system.
- 4.2-inch multi-information display.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL
The 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL has more advanced safety features, including Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist and Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist. You won’t have to carry a phone charger in the SEL trim, as it comes with a wireless device charging pad.
- Comes standard with the SE’s features, plus:
- Heated front seats.
- Eight-way power driver seat with two-way power lumbar.
- HD radio.
- Bluelink connected vehicle service.
- Power windows with passenger auto-down/up.
- Wireless device charging (for supported devices).
- Heated side mirrors.
- Proximity Key entry with push-button start.
- Roof rails.
- Side mirrors with LED turn-signal indicators.
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe XRT
New for 2022, the XRT trim gives the 2022 Santa Fe an all-terrain appearance with skid plates, side steps, dark 18-inch wheels, blacked-out trim, and an updated grille. Otherwise, the XRT is equipped similarly to an SEL.
- Equipped with the SEL’s features, plus:
- Dark-finish grille.
- 18-inch model-specific alloy wheels.
- Side steps and dark silver skid plates.
- Roof cross rails.
- Black side-mirror covers.
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited
The Limited trim is loaded with features that help make our Plano area shoppers’ drives easier, including Surround View Monitor, Blind-Spot View Monitor, and Remote Smart Parking Assist.
- Equipped with the SEL Premium’s features, plus:
- Eight-speed dual-clutch transmission.
- 2.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine (281 horsepower/311 pound-feet of torque).
- Ventilated front seats and heated rear seats.
- 19-inch alloy wheels.
- Surround-view monitor.
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Calligraphy
The 2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy is the model’s most luxurious trim. It comes with 20-inch alloy wheels, quilted Nappa leather upholstery, adjustable ambient lighting, an eco-suede headliner, premium body and cabin trim accents, and a full-color head-up display.
- Equipped with the Limited’s features, plus:
- Premium grille.
- Model-specific 20-inch alloy wheels.
- Expanded interior ambient lighting.
- Quilted Nappa leather seats.
- Head-up display.
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Interior
The 2022 Santa Fe offers impressive interior features designed to make every day more stress-free. Let’s go over them so that you can see what it has to offer:
Passenger and Cargo Space
The 2022 Santa Fe interior has seating for up to five people and offers 36.4 cubic feet of storage space. However, you can get a maximum of 72.1 cubic feet by folding the rear seats. Additionally, there is an underfloor storage bin underneath the second row to provide more cargo space. The Hyundai Santa Fe has generous legroom, ensuring that everyone on board is comfortable. Check out the interior dimensions below:
- Legroom (first/second row): 44.1/41.7 inches.
- Headroom (first/second row): 41.2/39.0 inches.
- Passenger volume: 111.5 cubic feet.
- Cargo volume behind the first row: 72.1 cubic feet.
- Cargo volume behind the second row: 36.4 cubic feet.
- Seating capacity: five people.
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Infotainment System
The 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe SE and SEL models come standard with an 8-inch touch-screen infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, front and rear USB ports, and Bluetooth connectivity. The Limited and higher trims get a 10.25-inch touch screen, which adds navigation with live traffic updates.
The 8-inch system is connected to a basic six-speaker sound system. In contrast, the more extensive 10.25-inch unit is connected to a 12-speaker Harman Kardon surround sound system with Clari-Fi Music Restoration Technology.
The bigger touch screen also gets Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, but reverts to a wired setup. The standard-features list on the 2022 Santa Fe infotainment system is generous compared to most competitors.
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Towing Capacity
The 2022 Santa Fe can tow up to 1,650 pounds without trailer brakes. However, if you add trailer brakes, the SE and SEL base models can tow 2,000 pounds, and the higher trims can tow a maximum of 3,500 pounds.
Towing-specific equipment includes the four-pin trailer wire connection and Trailer Sway Control. This feature keeps your trailer poised in stormy or windy weather. Other systems such as Vehicle Stability Management, a Traction Control System, and Electronic Stability Control work together to give you a good grip on the road.
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Exterior
During its lifetime, the Hyundai Santa Fe has received many upgrades; but for 2022, the previous year’s design has been carried forward with no change to the base SE and SEL trims. However, a new XRT trim for 2022 gives it a more rugged look. Some distinctive touches include XRT fancy wheels and side moldings, side steps, a roof rack, and lots of black exterior trim.
Clearly, the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe interior provides several upgrades to your daily Plano travels, with a robust set of cabin features and more interior space to meet your requirements. Huffines Hyundai Plano has a New Hyundai Inventory web page that features many of the latest Hyundai models, including the new 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe, so you’ll definitely find something that works for you. We promise a stress-free auto shopping experience every time you shop with us. So, feel free to contact us or schedule an appointment with our Finance Center or Service Center to get started.