Couples who seek things to do to rekindle the romance don’t have to look farther than McKinney, Texas, for inspiration. This exceptional community offers plenty of activities and experiences that couples can enjoy. Discover the following five ideas perfect for a romantic evening in McKinney.
Attend a Show at McKinney Performing Arts Center
Image via Pixabay by WikimediaImages
From national entertainers to community music and theater professionals, the McKinney Performing Arts Center delivers dynamic entertainment for all members of the McKinney community. Based at the historic Collin County Courthouse in downtown McKinney, the McKinney Performing Arts Center supports two theater groups and offers regularly scheduled events and program series.
- The McKinney Repertory Theatre (MRT) is McKinney’s official community theater group. Organized in 2003 by a group of amateur actors from McKinney, MRT produces five performances per year and other entertaining events.
- Offering plenty of dynamic musical entertainment, the Summer Concert Series at McKinney Performing Arts Center presents a diverse lineup of musical acts for a summer of entertainment and fun. The renovated Courtroom Theater inside the facility offers superior acoustics, allowing you to hear every vocal inflection, a strum of the guitar, and drumbeat.
To preview upcoming events and purchase tickets, visit the center’s website for more information.
Location: 111 N. Tennessee St.
Enjoy a Romantic Dinner at a Downtown McKinney Restaurant
Image via Pexels by olly
Who doesn’t love having a night you don’t have to cook dinner? In downtown McKinney, couples can find diverse dining establishments with innovative cuisine to satisfy their taste buds. Below are two of the many cafes and restaurants you and your partner can visit for a romantic dining experience:
- CT Provisions Cocktail Parlor and Kitchen: This distinctive culinary establishment features a menu that defines simple, honest cooking emphasizing fresh ingredients and stellar culinary preparations. Daily specials highlight what’s in season and what’s on the minds of the cooks in the kitchen. Mixed, shaken, and stirred by McKinney’s master mixologists, the cocktail creations are fun and imaginative, offering the perfect libation for any date-night occasion. Location: 205 W. Louisiana St., Suite 102 | Telephone: 469-631-0707
- Harvest Seasonal Kitchen: If you and your partner love enjoying seasonal food and ingredients, then Harvest Seasonal Kitchen should be on your list of date-night destinations. The restaurant celebrates community and farming through its seasonal menus and infused cocktails. Location: 112 E. Louisiana St. | Telephone: 214-726-0251
Shop and Explore Historic Downtown McKinney on Second Saturday
Image via Pexels by rodnae-prod
Take part in an evening of art, music, food, spirits, shopping, and more during Historic Downtown McKinney’s Second Saturday events. Explore the downtown community’s small businesses as you browse artwork in McKinney’s art galleries, listen to music from local and regional musicians, and sample some delicious food.
Many businesses in the historic downtown core of McKinney stay open from 7 to 10 p.m. during Second Saturday events.
Location: Historic Downtown McKinney
Take a Hot Air Balloon Flight Over the North Texas Countryside
Image via Unsplash by aaronburden
What could be more romantic than experiencing a dramatic sunset over the North Texas countryside in and around McKinney from a hot air balloon? Rohr Balloons offers an incredible aerial sunset flight experience that you and your partner can treasure together.
Rohr Balloons began operations in North Texas in 1994 under the direction of owner Brian Rohr. His father, Chuck, owned and operated a hot air balloon business that offered rides to more than 40,000 passengers during his time. Chuck’s history of hot air ballooning and balloon stunts include work performed for the movie “The Great Balloon Race.”
Over the years, Rohr Balloons has added to its hot air balloon collection and now maintains eight hot air balloons of various sizes.
You can book a private hot air balloon flight for only $795. The flight lasts approximately one hour and allows you to witness the beauty of McKinney from the air. All pilots are highly trained and experienced, and they will review safety procedures with you before you take flight. When your hot air balloon ride is over, you and your partner can enjoy a champagne and hors d’oeuvres celebration.
Contact Information: 214-733-9915 | Upon confirmation of your flight, you will receive an email detailing the exact meeting location and any adjustments to regular flight operating procedures.
Taste Some Wines at Landon Winery
Image via Unsplash by matt_j
Sip some wines with your sweetheart. Visit Landon Winery’s tasting room in McKinney, where you and your partner can explore the exceptional varietals from this award-winning winery. Wine offerings include:
- A pleasingly tart pinot grigio.
- The dry red Amarone with hints of dried fruit, cherries, and toasted oak.
- A sparkling demi-sec sweet wine that will dance over your tongue with soft pops of flavor.
Pair your wine selections with samplings from the gourmet charcuterie board. If you’re looking for a bite to eat between sips, sample the wonderful artisanal flatbreads that feature ingredients such as spinach, artichoke, chicken, pepperoni, and mozzarella with marinara sauce.
If your Saturday evening date night plans happen to change on a dime, don’t worry. Landon Winery offers virtual wine tastings on Saturday. You can also bring the tasting experience home with you by joining the Landon Winery Wine Club. Members receive 20% off their purchases in the winery, access to member-only events and promotions, and first access to new offerings.
Landon Winery’s legacy follows from vintner Bob Landon, who experimented with winemaking in his basement. Today, the winery numbers are among the largest wineries in Texas. The winemaking facility features stainless-steel tanks and American and French barrels from which come extraordinary bourbon barrel-aged wine.
In addition to its McKinney location, Landon Winery also operates tasting rooms in Dallas, Grapevine, Greenville, and Wylie.
Location: 101 N. Kentucky St.
If you’re looking for a romantic evening with your partner, the above date-night ideas offer plenty of inspiration. What did you think about our suggestions? Did we overlook an activity or venue that you’d recommend for a romantic night out in McKinney? Write to us and tell us. Our team members at Huffines Hyundai McKinney always enjoy sharing the best ideas for entertainment in the place we’re proud to call home.