Routine car maintenance is one of the most important elements of owning a vehicle, but all too many car owners do not keep their car on its maintenance schedule. When we sell a car at Huffines Hyundai McKinney, we want it to provide you with many years of excellent service, and getting your car’s oil changed on schedule plays a key role in achieving that. If you’re unsure about getting your oil changed, we have everything you need to know about the benefits of routine oil changes with your local car dealership.
The Benefits of Regular Oil Changes
Keeping your car on its regular oil change schedule is one of the easiest ways to vastly improve its performance and save yourself money on car maintenance costs. Oil changes can improve your car’s performance everywhere from its efficiency to its longevity, so if you’re skipping oil changes you’re only hurting yourself. Here are the top benefits that regular oil changes provide for you and your car, truck, or SUV:
- Cleaner operation: Your oil is a critical component in helping your engine run clean by gathering harmful particles as they build up. When you neglect your oil change, these elements stay in circulation within your vehicle. With an oil change, you drain your dirty oil and replace it with fresh oil to clean up your engine’s inner workings.
- Decreased engine heat: Your oil serves as a lubricant, helping to reduce friction and heat generation within your engine. As your oil gets old, it becomes less effective as a lubricant. This makes your car run hotter, increasing your exposure to overheating or other internal erosion that can damage key components under your hood.
- Improved gas mileage: Changing your oil makes your engine operate more efficiently. This has an immediately recognizable impact on the fuel efficiency of your car. This provides benefits in two forms. First, burning less gas makes your car more eco-friendly and reduces your carbon footprint, allowing you to drive responsibly. Additionally, less gas consumption means fewer stops at the pump to refuel. Every stop for gas that you don’t have to make is money that stays in your pocket, which means an oil change may even pay for itself in the form of your gasoline savings with your new efficiency.
- Less damage: Taking your car in for an oil change can help your engine to run more efficiently and with fewer irregularities. This means that you expose your vehicle to decreased risk of malfunctions which can lead to expensive repair bills to get your car back to working the way it’s intended to. Minimizing your risk of costly bills is one of the most cost-effective things you can do for your car.
- Longer life span: Avoiding costly repair bills and stops to refill are great ways to save money, but the best benefit for your bank account when it comes to oil changes is the added life span it provides for your car. Neglecting your oil changes can shorten the life of your engine, which means by getting your oil changed on time you make your car last longer, saving you the cost of investing in a whole new purchase because your current car still works just fine.
Why Choose a Dealership for Your Next Oil Change?
When taking your car in for an oil change, it’s important to choose the right repair shop to do the work in order to get the best results. While stand-alone mechanics are capable of performing your oil change, it’s often best to bring your car to the shop at your local dealership to get the work done. Here are the top reasons to bring your car to the dealership the next time you’re due for an oil change:
- It may be covered: When purchasing a new or used car from a dealership, it is common for the purchase to come with a limited warranty. Anytime you have work on your car that you need done, it’s beneficial to check with your warranty to determine if your warranty covers it. If it does, you may be able to get the change done at a discount or possibly for free.
- Specialized knowledge: Most mechanics have to generalize because their shops are not associated with any particular car manufacturer. When taking your car into your dealership, you get a service department that specializes in servicing vehicles sold on the lot. That means that your service professional will have ample experience working on cars like yours so you get the highest-quality performance on your oil change.
- Service you can trust: It’s important to find a car service professional you can count on any time you are having work done on your car, and there’s no better way than taking your car to a dealership service department. Because the service professionals represent the dealership, it’s important they meet the same high standards the dealer advertises on its vehicles, so you know the dealership only uses the most reliable service professionals.
- Continued relationship: Building a relationship with your dealership can be an excellent way to manage not just your current vehicles, but any you purchase in the future as well. Taking your car in for servicing with your dealership is an excellent way to maintain your relationship. This means when you are next in the market for a car, the professionals who help you know you better and can tailor their advice to best match you and your needs and find the best new or used car for you.
Taking care of your car is important, and changing your oil regularly is one of the most effective and most affordable types of maintenance there is. If your car, truck, or SUV is at its limit and ready for an oil change, the professionals at Huffines Hyundai McKinney are here to help. Get in touch with us today, or come see us with your car in person. Our service professionals will get your oil changed so you can begin enjoying all the benefits of a newly changed engine today!
Image via Pixabay.com