Hyundai vehicles have a wealth of technologies and features to provide a more convenient and pleasant driving experience. One of these features is the BlueLink app, which enables you to easily manage your vehicle and trips from your smartphone or other mobile devices. Check out this detailed guide to learn how BlueLink works and what it can do.
What Is Hyundai’s BlueLink?
BlueLink is a connected car technology that gives you better control over the functions and features of your Hyundai. This app gathers a wide range of information about your vehicle, from its location to maintenance needs. It uses this information to perform useful functions, such as providing diagnostic alerts, reminding you to make service appointments, and finding your car in a crowded parking lot. Moreover, it has voice-command capabilities that let you operate certain systems and features of your vehicle without taking your hands off the steering wheel.
You can choose from three BlueLink packages, each offering different features and benefits. The Connected Care package has everything you need to stay on top of your routine maintenance schedule. If you want a more convenient and comfortable driving experience, consider the Remote package, which allows you to start your vehicle from a certain distance. The Guidance package is a great option if you frequently travel to new places. It enables you to search for destinations and plan routes anytime, anywhere.
What Can the BlueLink App Do?
With Hyundai’s BlueLink app, you’ll have access to plenty of features that can help you stay connected to your vehicle and improve your driving experience. The following are some of the notable features available on this awesome app:
- Remote start: You can use remote start to turn on the engine and warm up or cool down the cabin from outside your Hyundai. This feature is especially useful in times of extreme temperatures.
- Remote door lock and unlock: With remote door lock and unlock, you no longer have to fumble for keys, which can be frustrating when you’re in a hurry. You can lock or unlock your car doors simply by entering your PIN on your mobile device.
- On-demand diagnostics and alerts: This function helps you keep your vehicle in peak condition by running a full vehicle diagnostic test and alerting you to any problems. If it detects an issue, you can press the Service Link button on the rearview mirror to send the information to your preferred Hyundai dealership and schedule an appointment.
- Destination send-to-car: Looking for the best gas prices or top-rated restaurants nearby? You can use voice commands to look for your desired destinations and get turn-by-turn directions. The app allows you to save multiple destinations so you don’t have to search for them again, making life even easier.
- Remote car finder: With the remote car finder feature, you don’t have to worry about forgetting where you parked your Hyundai. You can find out the exact location of your car with just a single tap on your smartphone.
- Stolen vehicle recovery: If your vehicle is stolen, BlueLink can help local law enforcement search for it. It can provide the exact location of your car and immobilize its engine until it’s recovered.
- Enhanced roadside assistance: This feature allows you to request roadside assistance to be dispatched to your location in the event you experience an unexpected breakdown during your travels.
- Geofence, curfew, and speed alerts: BlueLink also helps you monitor your teenager’s driving habits by letting you set speed limits and geographical boundaries, alerting you if your teen driver exceeds those limits.
- Automatic collision notification and assistance: Your Hyundai will automatically call for help if you get into an accident that causes the air bags to deploy. There’s also an SOS button you can press to request emergency assistance 24 hours a day.
Which Hyundai Models Have BlueLink?
The 2012 Hyundai SONATA and VELOSTER were the first models that featured the BlueLink system. Now, the technology is available in most new Hyundai vehicles, including the popular ELANTRA, SONATA, KONA, TUCSON, SANTA FE, PALISADE, and SANTA CRUZ. You can get a good deal on a BlueLink-equipped model by taking advantage of the special offers available at a Hyundai dealership.
Frequently Asked Questions About the BlueLink App
Which Devices Are Compatible With Hyundai’s BlueLink App?
You need to have IOS 8.0 and above to use the BlueLink app on an Apple device. As for Android devices, the minimum requirement is Android 6.0.
Can I Use Hyundai Digital Key on My iPhone?
Hyundai Digital Key is one of the great features of BlueLink, but it’s currently only compatible with Android devices. However, your Hyundai also comes with an NFC card key, making locking and unlocking the doors a breeze.
How Do I Sync My Hyundai to the BlueLink App?
Connecting your Hyundai vehicle to the BlueLink app is simple. All you have to do is download the app from iTunes for Apple devices or Google Play for Android devices. Once your download is complete, log in with the credentials for your MyHyundai account. After that, you can proceed to use the app’s features.
What To Do if I Forget or Want To Update My PIN?
You can change your PIN by logging into your MyHyundai account and navigating to the My Account page. Then, tap on the Edit button on the Connected Services PIN tab to modify your PIN.
Get an Awesome Hyundai With BlueLink at Huffines Hyundai McKinney
If you’re shopping for a vehicle in McKinney, Texas, visit Huffines Hyundai McKinney to check out our fantastic selection of Hyundai models. We have a wide array of new and used Hyundai vehicles with BlueLink and other desirable technologies, so you’ll surely find something on our lot that catches your fancy. If you already own a BlueLink-equipped Hyundai and want to know more about how the system works, we’re here to help. Feel free to contact us online or call us for more information.